Sunday, March 28, 2010

Response to Ambition posted by Chelsi

Reading Chelsi’s blog post about ambitions for the future provided me the opportunity to reflect upon my own dreams and ambitions. Chelsi seems to have based her hopes for the future on her service for others; this is quite admirable. When she looks into the future, she sees herself supporting a cause that would benefit a multitude of people, not just herself.

When I initially thought of the future and what I wanted to accomplish I felt a tad more self-centered. Immediately I know that I want to achieve good grades in school and graduate. I know that I eventually want to get a respectable job, make money and simply enjoy life. Upon thinking about it more and delving a little deeper, I realized there is something that I would love to do.

I had the opportunity to travel to Denmark while I was in high school and was able to experience the joys of traveling and of learning of another culture. I was enamored by the Danish way of life and would truly enjoy to go back again to learn even more. I was incredibly interested by the striking differences between the general way of life in the United States and Denmark. I was inspired by this experience to write my research paper on the topic of infrastructure and its effect on the health and wellness of its inhabitants. In general, the Danish tend to be healthier due to a variety of transportation means, including biking. I would love to go back there and spend more time further immersing myself in their culture and really documenting the differences between the United States and Denmark. As I hope to work in the realm of radiology, I do concern myself with health. Observing ways in which people can incorporate exercise into their daily lives, such as choosing a healthier means of transportation, is incredibly interesting to me. I hope to have the opportunity to observe this trend in the Danish society again. It seems that I have the same ambitions as many of my peers. I want a stable and healthy life and would like to be successful; however, one ambition very specific to me is the drive to re-visit a land that has captivated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment